IRS Tax Attorney Stephen D. Boulton was raised in Seattle, Washington. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Washington State University, graduating Summa Cum Laude, with highest honor. After graduation, Mr. Boulton accepted a position in finance at Barnes and Noble.
In 2010, Mr. Boulton moved to Tucson, AZ to attend law school at the University of Arizona. Mr. Boulton focused his studies on taxation and business related courses. While attending law school, Mr. Boulton clerked for the Law Offices of Frederick W. Meissner, PLLC. Attorney Meissner was a former revenue agent and officer with the Internal Revenue Service before pursuing his J.D. and LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation. Under the supervision of Attorney Meissner, Mr. Boulton gained diverse legal experience in the areas of Taxation and Business Planning including IRS and State tax audits, tax controversies, collections, and business entity selection. After graduation, Mr. Boulton accepted a full time Associate position at the Law Offices of Frederick W. Meissner, PLLC.
In 2014, Mr. Boulton accepted a position with the Denny Law Group, PLLC. Mr. Boulton brought his extensive knowledge of tax related legal issues to compliment attorney G. Michael Denny’s knowledge and passion of bankruptcy. Together, Denny Law Group, PLLC offered Taxpayers a complete and thorough analysis of their legal matter and all available options for resolution.
Denny & Boulton, P.C. was formed in September 2014 to continue providing outstanding legal service in the areas of Taxation, Bankruptcy, and Business law. Our team of IRS and State Tax Attorneys represent Taxpayers before the IRS and local taxing authority in all 50 states.
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- J.D., Emphasis in Taxation, 2013
- Outstanding Oral Advocate Award
- Dean’s List
- Washington State University, Carson College of Business
- B.A., Finance, 2009
- Summa Cum Laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Law Offices of Frederick W. Meissner, PLLC
- Law Clerk, 2010 – 2014
- Phoenix, AZ
- Handled IRS and State tax matters including tax return preparation, tax audits, and collection alternatives (Offer in Compromise, Installment Agreement, Currently Not Collectible Status).
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid
- Clinical Intern, 2011-2012
- Tucson, AZ
- Worked with indigent clients in a wide variety of legal matters focusing primarily on home loan modifications, contract disputes, and bankruptcy.
- Barnes and Noble
- Finance Department, 2008-2009
- Pullman, WA
- Managed the finances of the store including preparing and uploading the daily ledger, making daily deposits, and maintaining accounts receivable.