Mike is a bankruptcy, real estate, and tax trial attorney with a practical focus on the representation of individual and business taxpayers and consumers. He has significant litigation experience representing clients in tax court, bankruptcy court, and debtors’ rights issues, including insolvency issues, foreclosure and levy prevention, collection alternatives, and pre-litigation workout of tax debts. A significant focus of his practice is advising debtors regarding asset liquidation, management and reorganization of personal and business liabilities. His varied real estate experience includes loan and closing disputes, recorded liens and releases, and he regularly counsels agents, brokers and other self-employed individuals.
Mike’s legal advice is informed by his practical real estate experience, having worked in the real estate industry as a self-employed licensed agent prior to attending law school. This practical perspective is key to Mike’s ability to counsel and interact credibly with clients and opposing counsel on complicated tax and real estate matters.
Mike’s expertise includes individual and business bankruptcies and tax resolutions regarding federal and state issues, including income tax, sales tax, property tax liens, penalty abatements, levies and seizures, and negotiating withdrawals and releases, installment agreements, and offers in compromise.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- J.D., Emphasis in Bankruptcy, 2009
- Colorado State University
- B.A., Philosophy, 2004
- B.A., Political Science (2nd Major), 2004
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Arizona, 2010
- United States Tax Court, 2013
- United States District Court, 2010
- Arizona Department of Real Estate, 2007
- Arizona Consumer Bankruptcy Counsel, 2011
- The Denny Law Group, PLLC
- Solo Practitioner, 2010-2014
- Phoenix, AZ
- Handled Chapter 7 and 13 Consumer Bankruptcies
- Handled IRS and State tax collection alternatives (Offer in Compromise, Installment Agreement, Currently Not Collectible Status).
- Re/Max Fine Properties
- Office Manager and Licensed Agent 2006-2007
- Scottsdale, AZ